DevOps Automation Engineer
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to join a fast growing team that can help design a scalable architecture on AWS using a container cluster management platform. The candidate must possess experience in configuration management and continuous integration and deployment.
Experience and Education:
• BS in Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or related experience.
• 5+ years of experience in supporting systems in a fast-paced environment using a micro services based architecture.
• 3+ years of experience working on a high volume website.
• Proficiency in Linux server administration.
• A deep and abiding love for building scalable, high performance systems.
• Experience with a scripting language like bash, ruby, python or node.
• Self-starter, able to work with little or no supervision.
Technology Skills and Strengths:
• Deis, Rancher or similar
• CoreOS, Mesosphere or similar Linux container OS
• Kubernetes or other container orchestration tools
• Ansible or other configuration management tools
• Managing AWS
• ELK, Splunk or similar
• Familiarity with Node.js
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Serve as a member of one of our development teams where you will be involved in the analysis, design, implementation, and support for applications and systems.
• Provide administration to virtualized server, virtualization technologies.
• Maintain continuous integration, continuous testing, continuous deployment along with release management.
• Ability to automate routine administration tasks.
• Monitor system performance and log data; look for precursors to issues before they become bigger issues.
• Stay up-to-date on all recent and upcoming devops tools.
• Write scripts to automate the provisioning and maintenance.
• Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with Application Development and Architecture teams to resolve scalability challenges.
• Work within an opensource Node.js environment.